If you are new to the world of care management, you have likely been taken aback by the many different terms and phrases common to the field. In truth, it may seem like much of the terminology can be understood through simple word association and knowing the definitions of the words. For example, we obviously know what the words “elder” and “care” mean. The average person could put the two together and determine that the meaning of this pertains to caring for an elder. However, the true scope of that care varies depending on what company you hire. Allow us to explain exactly what we mean by “Elder Care” at CJ & Associates Care Consulting.
What you can expect with Elder Care
As mentioned above, eldercare can vary significantly between different companies depending on the quality and type of company in question. At CJ & Associates Care Consulting, you can trust that your loved one is always in good hands. Our ongoing elder care management services include:
- Re-evaluation of independence level as needs change.
- Medication organization, to include sorting medications into a weekly pillbox.
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, training, and managing of in-home caregivers.
- Medical appointment scheduling and coordination.
- Assistance in identifying the best options for residential communities, placement, transition, and coordinating moving services.
- Hospice coordination and funeral arrangement.
- Routine in-home visits.
- Coordination of facility tours and assistance with pre-admission paperwork.
- Crisis intervention, such as 24-hour availability for urgent care or emergency room visits.
- Taking clients to and from doctor’s appointments and informing the family of the results.
- Reviewing advanced directives and POLST forms to confirm current wishes are adequately stated.
Reliable Communication and Counseling
- Liaison for family members, providing counseling and conflict resolution.
- Counseling for clients facing new, life-altering diagnoses or relocation challenges.
- Communication with third-party providers, i.e. doctors, discharge planners, and long-term care companies.
- Facilitating end-of-life care discussions.
- Grief/loss and bereavement counseling.
Get Started With Us
Our experienced team at CJ & Associates Care Consulting is standing by to meet all of your elder care needs. If you are ready to get started, or simply would like to learn more about us, please feel free to contact us.